What is the GSTN (Goods and Service Tax Network)?
What is GSTIN?
GSTIN is a unique identification number given to each GST taxpayer. To verify a GSTIN number a person who has a GST number can log onto the GST portal.
The Goods and Service Tax Network (or GSTN) is section 8 (non-profit), non-government, private limited company. GSTN is a one-stop solution for all your indirect tax requirements. GSTN is responsible for maintaining Indirect Taxation platform for GST to help you prepare, file, rectify returns and make payments of your indirect tax liabilities.
Preparation of GST application
One of our GST representatives will collect all the required documents and process the GST application through the iCFO platform.
Once all the documents are collected, the application will be processed and filed. Then immediately the ARN number will be issued.
Benefits of Partnership Firm Registration
GST Registration Certificate
The certificate and GSTIN will be issued upon verification of GST application and other mandatory documents by the GST officer. Be aware that no hard copies of the certificate will be issued and the GST registration certificate can be downloaded from the GST Portal.
Penalties For Failure To GST Registration
As per the Section 122 of the CGST act, in India, there is a direct penalty for all those taxable persons who fail to register for GST.
Voluntary Registration Under GST (for Companies With A Turnover Below Rs.20 Lakhs)
Any small business with turnover less than 20 lakh can voluntarily register for GST even though it is not compulsory by law. Voluntary GST registration has its own advantages and some of them are:
- Take input credit: In GST, there is a flow of input credit right from manufacturers of the goods till the consumers, across the country. Input credit means a taxpayer while paying tax on output can deduct the tax that has already been paid on inputs and pay only the remaining amount. Voluntarily registered businesses can increase their margins and profits through this.
- Do inter-state selling with no restrictions: SMEs can increase the scope of their businesses and find prospective customers and explore online platforms
- Register on e-commerce websites: SMEs can widen their market by registering through e-commerce sites.
- Have a competitive advantage compared to other businesses.
GST Return Filing
A GST Return Filing is a return document that contains details of the income of the taxpayer. It has to be filed with the GST administrative authority. The document is used tax authorities to calculate the tax liability of a GST taxpayer. A GST Return Filing form has to include the following details.
- Output GST (On sales)
- Input tax credit (GST paid on purchases)