Mandatory documents for Online GST registration
What is a GST Return?
A GST Return is a document containing details of income that is required to be filed as per the law with the tax authorities. Under the GST law, a taxpayer has to submit two returns on a monthly basis and one such return annually. All returns have to be filed online. Please note that there is no provision for revising the returns. All invoices for the previous tax period that went unreported must be included in the current month.
Under GST, a registered dealer has to file GST returns that include: Purchases, Sales, Output, GST (On sales) and Input tax credit (GST paid on purchases).
The list of documents required for registration of GST for various business are as follows:
- PAN Card and address proof of proprietor
- PAN Card of LLP
- LLP Agreement
- Partners’ names and address proof
Private Limited Company
- Certificate of Incorporation
- PAN Card of Company
- Articles of Association, AOA
- Memorandum of Association, MOA
- Resolution signed by board members
- Identity and address proof of directors
- Digital Signature
Trademark Objection Handling
The following can be shown as proof of address of a director:-
- Voter Identity Card
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Telephone or Electricity Bill
- Driving License
- Bank Account Statement
Add what works as identity proof, One can use a PAN Card, Aadhar Card as identity proof. For address proof, any of the director’s can show their voters ID, passport, telephone bill, electricity bill and telephone bill.
What are the GST tax rates?
- Items that are considered basic necessities come under exempt list i.e. they are not taxed.
- Household necessities and life-saving drugs etc. are taxed at 5%.
- Products like computers and processed food are taxed at 12%.
- Hair oil, toothpaste and soaps, capital goods, industrial intermediaries and services are taxed at 18%.
- Luxury items are taxed at 28%.