3. Adaptable to various data types: PostgreSQL supports several different data types, including:
o Structured: Array, UUID (Universally Unique Identifier), Array, Date and Time, and Range.
o String, Integer, Boolean, and Numeric Primitives.
o Customizations: Composite, Custom Types.
o Polygon, Circle, Line, and Point in geometry.
o Document: Key-value, XML, JSON/JSONB.
4. PostgreSQL is extremely extendable in a number of ways, including the ones listed below.
o It supports procedural languages, including Python, Perl, and PL/PGSQL.
o Path expressions for JSON/SQL.
o Stored methods and operations.
o It supports a programmable storage interface for tables.
o It works with foreign data wrappers, which use a regular SQL interface to connect to additional databases.
5. Secure: It is secure because it adheres to a number of security principles, including the following:
o A strong access control scheme is offered by PostgreSQL.
o It has a number of authentications, including LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol), GSSAPI (Generic Security Service Application Program Interface), SCRAM-SHA-256, SSPI (Security Support Provider Interface), Certificate, and others.
o Row- and column-level security are supported by PostgreSQL.
6. Extremely Reliable: It is extremely dependable and offers disaster recovery services like:
o PITR, active standbys (Point in time recovery).
o It backs WAL (Write-ahead Logging).
o It supports many replication types, including synchronous, asynchronous, and logical replication.
7. PostgreSQL supports internationalisation, which entails that full-text searches, accent-insensitive and case-sensitive collations, and ICU collations are all international character sets.
8. In PostgreSQL, a table’s properties can be configured to be inherited from a “parent” table.
9. It is ANSI-SQL2008 compliant.
10. PostgreSQL will assist us in enhancing Server-Side programming’s capability.
11. To give PostgreSQL extra capabilities, we can instal a number of extensions.
Our services can also remind you through our website.