Registering a company in India is now a 4-step process.
- A Digital Signature Certificate(DSC)
- A Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Registration on the MCA Portal or New user registration
- Certificate of Incorporation
With this, we have covered the basics of how to register a company. If you still need help registering your company, don’t stress over it, and let our team of experts guide you.
Types of business structures in India
- One Person Company (OPC): recently introduced in 2013, an OPC is the best way to start a business if there is only one developer or owner. It allows a single owner to carry out their work and remain part of the corporate framework.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): A separate legal entity, in an LLP, the responsibilities of the partners are limited only to their agreed contribution.
- Private Limited Company (PLC): A company in the eyes of the law is considered a legal entity separate from its founders. It has shareholders (stakeholders) and directors (company officers). Each individual is considered an employee of the company.
- Public Limited Company (PLC): A PLC is a voluntary association of members that is incorporated into company law. It has a separate legal existence and the responsibility of its members is limited to the shares they own.