1. We need to offer a high available architecture for the Postgre layer. (clustered, active active, replication… etc.)
We can choose any one of the High Availability Architecture approach
- a) High availability in PostgreSQL DB by using Rep Manager
- b) High availability in virtual IPs
- c) Streaming Replication and automatic failover in two nodes (AWS Could server)
High availability architecture by using Virtual IP
1 Multiple health checks for master & standby nodes
2 Automatic failover from master to standby node
3 Controlled switchovers for planned events on master
4 Support for multiple streaming replication
2. We need to offer backup infrastructure and tools
We can choose any one of the backup approach.
- a) Barman is open source tool for backup and restore
- b) We will take the backup by using the Linux script (Automatic Backup CRONJOB)
3. we need to offer monitoring infrastructure and tools
We can choose any one of the open source monitoring tools
- a) Grafana database monitoring tool
- b) pgAdmin4 database monitoring tool
- c) pghero database monitoring tool
Grafana database dashboard view sample screen
- d) Grafana Disk Usage screen for memory
Pgadmin4 dashboard sample view screen for monitoring
4.We need to offer standby infrastructure
Could you please give me clarity on this question?
The two Oracle databases entirely spatial and for the POC we are going to migrate to Postgre to server ArcGIS. They already have a migration documentation; please check this URL:http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/gdbs-in-oracle/data-migration.html
5. You can work on ArcGIS for determining how to migrate these Geometry_storage and Raster_Storage. If we don’t know how to migrate ArcGIS we are going to have a lot of troubles in the project.
- a) We will support geodatabase(geographic information) data for migration
- b) We need to configure the setting in our target and source databases
- c) We can support the client all areas.
6. We need to decide on in which step we are going to use to which tool. Ora2Pg, Migration Toolkit Tool or ESRI Migrate Storage (http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/tools/data-management-toolbox/migrate-storage.htm)
We can choose any one of the tools for migration
- a) Ora2pg open source
- b) Migration Toolkit commercial
7. Have you tried to migrate from Plugabble Oracle DB to PostgreDB?
Contact Us For Migration